We have to learn to appreciate ourselves. No one wants to be around someone who is more of a burden than action. Everyone needs boundaries; you have to know when to say yes or no, why you’re saying yes or no, and your plan if you say either.
When you’re an entrepreneur you have to set up your boundaries for everyone around you, including your family and friends. Although it is wonderful having people around, you have to make sure that you have the right people around you.
You want people in your life who are going to bring positivity, great working attributes, and someone who hits the M.A.R.K.S. for successful boundaries every single time.
Here are the M.A.R.K.S. that promote healthy habits you need to make successful boundaries with the people in your life:
1. Match My Effort
- If I’m giving you my all, you should at least match that. The bare minimum has to be where I am because I’m giving my all.
2. Always Be Honest
- Don’t be dishonest. No on wants to be around someone who lies, you can never trust them. Trust is a very important part of any relationship.
3. Respect My Time
- Time is money; the more time you can use wisely, the more you can help generate money. I don’t want to wait on you for 45 min at a coffee shop without a call saying you wont be able to make it.
- My time is mine. What I chose to do with it is my business. If you want to spend time with me (or anyone) you have to first make time to share with that person.
4. Keep Your Word
- Just like I said with Always Be Honest, No one wants to be around a liar.
- Don’t tell someone you will meet with them at 11:15am and show up at 12:30 with a lame excuse
5. Stay Consistent
- Don’t Flip Flop. No one wants to figure out a new personality of anyone each day.
- Get an easy schedule so you wont be over whelmed with all of the things you have scheduled with others.- Plan all the way down to the outfit, that helps to lower your anxiety level allowing you to make better decisions.
- If you promise someone a price don’t try to change raise it after a month. You already know people are having a hard time living, don’t be a douche.
When it comes to making successful boundaries it can be very hard work. You have to learn how to deal with all of the things you don’t like as well as how to avoid ways of being negative. Using M.A.R.K.S will help you to gain healthy habits for making successful boundaries.
Do you have any other tips that would go great with MARKS, or maybe you have your own acronym? Share your tips and other helpful information below in the comments.