It may just be me, but I have been seeing a lot of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) signs. I mean from Home Depot to the grocery store to the hair store. Everyone is talking about how well it works and all of the amazing things its does.
I know ACV is healthy for you but it’s something about that smell right? Okay so here’s my truth be told moment, the only reason I haven’t tried it is because of the smell. I went to the store all excited, bought a nice large bottle of ACV, went home and then the smell hit me when I opened it and changed my mind. Yes I know that’s silly, but I take pride in the way my hair smells. There’s no way I’m walking around for any period of time with my hair smelling like that. Then reality set in, I want healthy hair.
I’m old enough to know that everything that is great for you, doesn’t always taste, look, or smell good. Even after all the nastiness, they get the job done like a boss. I may not ever like Cod Liver Oil but I enjoy the benefits and that what I’m going to do with ACV. It seems like ACVT (Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment) is the best thing to do when get use to
Benefits Of ACV On Natural Hair:
- acts as anti-fungus and anti-bacteria on the scalp so you won’t have the itchy, dry scalp
- natural detangler
- stimulates the hair follicles strengthening the roots of the hair and promoting healthy hair growth
- helps the hair to maintain moisture which prevents split ends
- removes buildup without stripping the natural oils from the hair.
ACV Treatment Recipe & Instructions:
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of ACV with 8 ounces of water. Experiment to find a dilution that works best for you ( They say dry hair likes less ACV and oily hair likes more). You can always add essential oils in the mixture as well
- After cleansing your hair, add the ACV mixture to your hair.You want to massage it in from the scalp all the way down to the tips of your hair.
- Place plastic cap over your hair and leave on for 15-30 minutes. treatment versus a rinse (with a rinse you would rinse the ACV a few minutes after application). The longer it stays in the better it helps with detangling
How Often To Do A ACV Treatment?:
There has been great debate over the usage or how often to do a ACV Treatment. I wash my hair frequently and don’t want to dry my hair out by over using a product. Starting off with twice a month is a great way to tell if you need to increase or decrease your usage.
There are many essential oils you can use alongside the ACV Treatment to help promote healthy hair. Essential oils used for hair increase your overall healthy condition of your scalp and hair.
What Kind Of ACV To Use?
There are all kinds of ACV out there on the market. I chose the Bragg’s ACV (like the one in the article image) because it’s a product that is well-known and plus my momma said so, lol. It’s up to you to choose which product best meets yours needs.
I am stepping out of my comfort smell zone and I am going to do my ACV Treatment this week. I will let you know how that goes. You can find more Natural Hairducation and this product/Treatment view on the site. In the mean time let me know what you think about the ACV Treatment and some of your ACV tricks.