Usually when you talk about journaling we say just write down whatever is on your mind. What happens when you don’t know where to start? Her are a few quick starters and tips to help you start journaling today.
- Write when you feel like it. You don’t have to be on a strict journal schedule unless that makes it easier for you.
- You don’t have to be perfect. Don’t worry about grammar, or sloppiness.
- Right down what you want, you’re not writing for anyone to publish or read.
- You can write as many details or not any details.
Journaling starters are just like the writing starters. They get you started thinking and writing.
- When was the last time you had any fun and who were you with?
- Why is love important in any relationship?
- What gets you the most angry?
- What is your favorite color and how does it make you feel?
- How has your life change in the last 3 years?
- How could you have changed your last big blow up? In the Future?
- I am inspired by…
- When I am sad I like to ease my pain by…
- On my happiest days I …
- The last time I needed help…
- If I knew at 16 what I know now…
- It frustrates me when…
These are just a few ways to help get you started. Changing your scenery helps to stimulate thoughts so get out and journal as much as you can. Remember, journaling is easy and fun so don’t let writing it down get rough on you, you’ll be better after you write it out.