When it comes to making tea’s, Bay leafs are always somewhere close. It doesn’t usually call for a lot, but maybe just a leaf, to make the true magic of the Bay leaf come alive.
Bay leafs are used in everything from Medicine to cooking. There are all kinds of Bay Leaf (Californian Bay Leaf, Indian Bay Leaf, Indonesian Bay Leaf, West Indian Bay Leaf, Mexican Bay Leaf) so make sure you are getting the right one when trying to make a special brew.
Benefits of the Bay Leaf:
- treat digestive disorders
- promotes sweating thus treating cold & flu symptoms
- reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases and Type 2 diabetes.
- treat arthritis, headaches, joint pain, and swelling
The Bay Leaf is a great way to improve the health of your hair as well. If you want to add hydration, and eliminate dandruff then the Bay Leaf is the perfect way to go.
Quick & Healthy, Hair DIY: (After shampoo scalp rub)
- Steep 1-2 Bay Leaves in a small pot of water and let cool
- Pour the steeped liquid into a bottle to make it easy to spray and pour.
- Spray or pour the Bay Leaf liquid onto your scalp rubbing it in
The Bay Leaf has many benefits and has a great way of making a great cup of tea better. Next time you want to kick your morning tea up a notch, just add a single Bay Leaf to your blend while steeping and enjoy. I will make sure to update you on the Healthy Hair DIY and how well it works on locs. Bless Up & Jah Guide My Beautiful People.