Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 6 of the Vibe & Flex Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterday’s pose, One Legged King Pigeon pose was another test of true flexibility. If you find yourself having trouble, try the modified positions. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. I want you to be as safe as possible so please pay attention to your body. Use your ‘yogition‘, and listen.
Today’s pose is the Seated Forward Bend pose and it’s an restorative pose. After the last couple of testing positions this pose will be welcomed.
The Sanskrit name for Seated Forward Pose is “Paschimottanasana.”
- Soothes headaches, anxiety and fatigue
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort
- Relieves stress and mild depression by calming the brain
- stretches spine, hamstrings and shoulders
- Improves digestion
How To Seated Forward Bend:
- Sit on the floor with your legs out straight in front of you.
- Press your palms and/or fingertips into the floor beside your hips
- Keeping the front of your body long, lean forward from your hips NOT YOUR WAIST.
- Hold the sides of your feet with your hands.
*Make sure that you are breathing while going through this pose. Your breathing allows for you to fall deeper into the stretch. –You hold this pose for one to two minutes. *
If you are not able to grab your feet with your hands you can place a towel or fitness band around your feet to help draw the in closer.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get more from Connie Constance!