Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 9 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterdays pose, Garland Pose, brought us some inner peace with a side of open hips and posture.
Today we are going to a deeper mental and physical stretch. Sometimes we have to slow down and just breathe. Seriously, you have to breathe. Breathing can prompt higher thinking, calm the spirit, and deter you from making rash decisions based on pure emotion. These are just a few of the great reasons behind consciously breathing.
In Sanskrit Sage Marichi 1 Pose, means wide squat.
- Calms the brain
- improves digestion
- stretches the spine and shoulders
How To Sage Marichi 1 Pose:
- Sitting in Staff pose (with your legs straight out ahead, your hands on the floor beside your hips, and your back perpendicular to the floor feeling like a string is pulling from the top of your head to the shy) bring your left foot as close to your left hip as possible.
- Lean forward, twisting your torso to the right, also press the inside of your left shoulder against inside of your left knee.
- While exhaling, reach your left arm around your left knee (you want your armpit to be on the front of your left knee) reaching past your left hip to later connect to your right hands if you can..Exhale again and bring your right arm around your back toward your left hip, and then clasps your hands, fingertips, or wrists.
* You should hold this position for 30 seconds to one minute on both sides. Remember to inhale when you are coming up from this position and exhale when going deeper into the pose. Breathing can help you tremendously when gaining flexibility. *
- You may use a blanket, yoga block, rolled towel or rolled mat to help support your hip.
- If you’re having trouble keeping a straight back you can always sit against a wall for the extra support–Your lower back or head, should not touch the wall. Only your shoulder and shoulder blades should touch the wall at any time making sure to be conscious of your alignment throughout the entire pose.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get more from The Pheels.