Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 10 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
After yesterdays yoglaxation with Sage Marichi 1 Pose today’s pose will be a piece of cake. Or will it? Don’t assume that just because you can do one that you can do them all. Go into each pose with confidence but not so much that you end up hurting yourself.
In Sanskrit the ‘Twisted Chair Pose’ also known as Revolved Chair Pose or Prayer Twist is called Arivrtta Utkatasana (PAHR-ee-VREE-tah OOT-kuh-TAHS-uh-nuh).
- Improves posture, balance, and endurance
- Helps with detoxification
- Increases flexibility
- Strengthens the lower back
Hot To Twisted Chair Pose:
- Start off standing with your feet together in Mountain pose. You want your big toes to touch facing towards the front of your mat.
- Inhale, raise your hands above your head and towards the ceiling
- Exhale, bringing your knees downward into Chair Pose. (This is similar to a squat with your feet together)
- Inhale while you lower your arms into prayer position centered at your chest.
- Exhale,twist your torso/core to the right bringing your left elbow outside of your right thigh.
- Slowly bring your left arm down pressing it into your right thigh as you push your right shoulder black back towards your back.(You want to make sure you’re turning your chest to the right).
- Exhale, and bring your right fingertips straight upwards towards the ceiling and look up towards the ceiling
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to one minute on both sides. Also make sure that you are keeping your back as straight as possible*
- Instead of having your feet together you can leave your feet hip width apart
- If it hurts to look towards the ceiling then look down toward the floor
- To help with balance, try doing this pose near the wall to help keep yourself in check
- For a more challenging and deeper stretch, lift onto the balls of your feet bringing your or lifting onto the heels of your feet with your knees bent
- To help activate your thighs you can add a yoga block between your thighs squeezing it as you hold your pose
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get more from Lyel now!