Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 12 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s pose, Seated Arching Pigeon Pose was challenging but it felt oh so good.
- Stretches the back
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Brings natural flexion to spine
- Improves breathing
- Relieves chronic back and neck pain
How To Standing Backwards Bend Pose:
- Start in Mountain Pose, with your hands relaxed by your side an your legs positioned under your shoulders.
- Lift your arms towards the ceiling with your fingertips spread apart. You want to look in the direction of your fingertips.
- Begin to slowly lean backwards pushing yourself past the “I think I’m going to fall” feeling and hold.
- Engage your core muscles. and gaze through your fingertips.
- Come back up keeping your hands in the air, then slowly bring them down by your sides.
*Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds. You can work your way up to a full back bend*
- Use the wall. When you take your arms backwards, stand close enough to the wall so that you can use it to walk yourself lower.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More JMBU Now!