Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 15 of the Vibe & Flex Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterdays Pose, Cat Pose, stretched out backs and opened our chests. I slept like a baby. Today’s pose helps you with that little problem area that most people complain about, the stomach area. Another great thing about today’s pose is that it makes you use all of your muscles without the stress of extra weight other than your own body weight.
- Helps increase bone density
- Builds strength through body weight resistance
- Strengthens calves, feet, hamstrings, shoulders
- Improves posture through strengthening all muscles around the spine
- Strengthens all core muscles, plus your arms, legs, chest and lower back
How To Forearm Plank:
- Start on your knees with your hands shoulders width apart and knees hips width apart (or whatever distance is comfortable for you). You want to keep your arms parallel to each other and your mat or the floor.
- Inhale and lift your knees from the floor stepping back towards the rear of your mat. Make sure you keep your heels over your toes and your toes should be tucked into your mat.
- You want your body to make a straight line so make sure to are aware of how high or low your body is to the mat and/or floor.
- Make sure you are breathing while also gazing forward or between your hands. You can realign your body by making sure your head is aligned with your spine.
- Press the front of your thighs towards the ceiling adding length to your tailbone as if to make it touch your heels.
- To release, lower your knees to the mat/floor
*Hold this pose for 30 to one minute. You can repeat the pose for up to 10 times.*
- If holding your knees off of the floor is too much for you due to injury you can do the Half Forearm Plank and lower your knees to the ground but you have to make sure you are fully aligned in order to get benefits.
- To deepen your stretch, you can life each leg at a time pointing your toes towards the ceiling.
- You can also grasp both hands together to deepen the stretch
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):