Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 17 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterdays pose, Upward Bow Wheel Pose, proved that I still have more practicing to do. Today’s pose does wonders for the back and gets you an energy boost.
- Stretches and strengthens the spine
- Stretches the shoulders
- Stimulates the brain
- Relieves hip and back pain
How To Seated Spinal Twist:
- Start in Staff Pose with your arms relaxed by your side and your feet put straight ahead. Then bring your right foot as close as you can to your tailbone. Keep your left leg straight, with your left foot and toes pointing toward the ceiling.
- Take your right arm, going over your left thigh, and hug your belly to your thigh. You’ll want to hold your outer thigh as tight as you can as this deepens your stretch.
- Stretch your spine as tall as if to reach for the ceiling.
- Look across your right shoulder when going over your left thigh. This will reduce your risk of getting hurt and deepen your stretch.
- Hold this pose for 30 to one minute on both sides. Also make sure that you are being conscious of your breathing, only twisting on your exhale.
- If it is harder for you to hold your thighs or get your back to twist you can do it about one foot away from a wall. Instead of hugging your thighs bring your arms across your thighs and parallel to the floor along the wall. You want to press your fingertips along the wall to twist yourself more.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get more from Tom Misch now!