Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 18 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterdays Spinal Twist made me feel extra twisty!
- Improves stamina
- Stretches legs, thighs, ankles, and knees
- Tones core muscles
- Deep groin and hamstring stretch
How To Bound Extended Side Angle:
- Starting in Mountain Pose, with your feet hip width apart and you arms hanging by your side.
- Twist your core to the left and bring your arms up parallel to your shoulders with your palms facing the ceiling. Step your feet as wide as your wrists.
- Turn your right foot forward to face the from of the mat. You want to bend your right knee until your left leg if parallel to the mat-keep your knee directly over your heel to avoid injury. Align your left foots arch with your right foots heel.
- Gaze across your right hands middle finger, but do not turn to the right. You want to keep your body open to the left to open your full chest.
- Lower your right hand to the mat resting only your fingertips. Slowly put your right shoulder as low as you can inside your right thigh.
- Move your right hand under your right hamstring
- Raise your left arm towards the ceiling and then downward towards your right hand.
- Grab your left hand with your right hand or wrists (here is where you can easily modify).
- Draw your shoulders into your upper back, stacking each shoulder blade on one another.
- Turn your head to look up towards the ceiling
*Hold this Pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute on both sides, making sure to consciously control your breathing*
- If you cannot grab your hands from behind you can use a fitness band, towel, or even a sock.
- Place your foot parallel to the floor against the wall to help with balance
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get more from Cameron Bethany now!