Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 20 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal growth. Personal growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy you.
Yesterdays pose was Warrior 1 and afterwards I felt like I could take on the world. Today’s pose is a full body stretch so get ready!
- Improves posture
- Helps your to control your own body weight
- Strengthens the muscles around your spine
- Strengthens legs, arms, hamstrings, core muscles and lower back
- Stretches the shoulders, calves, hamstrings, and feet
How To Dolphin Plank Flow:
- Starting with both forearms and knees on the floor. Keep your forearms parallel to one another directly under your shoulders or on the edges of your mat.
- Step both feet back towards the rear of the mat with your toes tucked and lift your hips.
- Contract your core muscles while making a straight line from your head up through your tailbone.
- Broaden your shoulder blades, and gaze through your hands towards the top of your mat.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, 5 times*
- You can increase the amount of time your holding the pose to fit your needs.
- Press the front of your thighs towards the ceiling, lengthening you tailbone.
- If your core is not strong enough to handle holding up both legs then you can put your knees on the floor into Half Dolphin pose.
- Deepen this pose by lifting one leg. Lift your foot and then flex your foot to towards the ceiling for 5-6 breathes.
- You can clasp all of your fingers together for a deeper arm stretch
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More From Dash Machete!