Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 22 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s pose, Thread The Needle Pose, was amazing and an relaxing floor pose with a punch. Today’s pose has us back on our feet and stretching using our body weight.
In Sanskirt “Standing Forward Bend w/ Clasped Hands,” is called Uttanasana.
Ut- meaning intense
tan- meaning to extend or stretch
asana- meaning pose
- Lengthens hamstrings and calves
- Calms the brain and relieves stress
- Stretches the thighs, knees and hips
- Reduces anxiety and headaches
How To Standing Forward Bend (W/ Clasped Hands):
- Start standing with your feet under our hips place your hands on your hips.
- Exhale, and lean forward your hips making sure not to lean from your waist.
- Lengthen your torso and bring your hands backwards clasping your hands or your fingertips.
- Bring your arms over up, over your head leaving them to dead weight hang.
- Press your tailbone towards the floor to increase your body activation.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can hold this pose for up to 5 minutes*
- If clasping your hands is a little to much for you, instead, cradle your elbows making them into a body weight suitable for your weight.
- You can always place a yoga block on a chair for extra support. Facing the chair you will bend forward with your cradled elbows landing on the yoga block with your forehead on your arms.
- Bring your hands as close to your floor as possible. Try to touch your knuckles from your fist to the floor.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More From Moglebaum!