Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 22 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
- Stretches the shoulders and chest
- Strengthens the spine, thighs, ankles and calves
- Reduces flat feet
- Stimulates your heart, diaphragm and abdominal muscles.
How To Chair Pose:
- Starting in Mountain Pose, raise your arms upward towards your ears. Keeping your arms perpendicular to each other, turn your plams facing inward.
- Bend your knees (going into a squat like position), keeping your thighs as parallel to the floor as possible. Your torso may extend forward a little over your thighs so make sure to keep your knees directly over your feet.
- Keep your lower back long with your tailbone stretching down toward the floor.
- Firm your shoulder blades into your back. Look towards your fingertips.
- Exhale back into Mountain Pose.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can graduallywork your way up to 5 minutes*
- Increase your flexibility by playing your palms together.
- Squeeze a yoga block, small fitness ball or even a rolled towel between your knees to increase your thigh strength.
- Deepen the pose by placing your palms in your thigh creases and push your thighs down towards your heels while lifting your pelvis upwards.