Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 24 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s Pose was Chair pose which worked our abdominal muscles and legs. Today we are going at it again with those pesky abdominal muscles.
- Relieves stress
- Strengthens your abdominal muscles, hip flexors and spine
- Improves digestion
How To Boat Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you and your hands either by your sides with your fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Exhale, bending your knees and lifting your feet off of the floor. You want your legs to make a 45 degree angle, (relative to the floor). Lengthen your core.
- Stretch your arms up alongside your legs, parallel to the floor with your palms facing. Try and reach through your fingertips by spreading your shoulder blades across your back. Tip your chin forward toward your sternum to help balance and gain control of your core.
*Hold this pose for 10-30 seconds, working your way up to 1 minute*
- If putting your legs in the air towards the ceiling, try keeping your knees bent with your legs straight in front of you instead of up toward the ceiling.
- If you can’t really sit up, get close enough to a wall so that when you lift your legs upwards and go backwards your neck will land on the wall giving you the extra support.
- Add a yoga block under your lower back, giving you that extra support to help keep your lower spine straight and lengthened.
- Take a towel, fitness band or yoga strap and wrap it around your feet to help you keep your legs in the air.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More From Liana Banks!