Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 26 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterdays pose, Cow Pose, was a helpful getting our hand placements and breathing readjusted. Today’s pose takes what we learned yesterday, and adds a bit more complexity to strengthen our cores and legs.
- Stretched your groins, calves and hamstrings
- Opens the chest, shoulders and torso
- lengthens the spine
- Strengthens the thighs, ankles, core and glutes
- Relief from anxiety and stress
- Therapeutic for lower back and sciatica pains
How To Half Moon Pose:
- start in Mountain pose with your hands by your sides and your feet under your hips with your right foot pointing towards the front of your mat and your left foot facing the left side of the mat perpendicularly.
- Shift your left hip backwards with your right fingertips pointing towards the front of your mar like your right foot. Fold at the hip.
- Place your right hands fingertips on your shin or ankle.
- Align your left shoulders over your right
- Straighten your right leg, pushing your hips upwards while also lift your left leg upwards to align with your hip as much as possible.
- Extend your left hand up towards the ceiling, and slowly look towards your thumb.
- Exhale and bring your left leg down to the floor, returning back to Triangle Pose. Lower your arms and legs and then switch the direction of your feet, repeating the above steps on the opposite side.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side.*
- You can deepen your stretch by placing your fingertips on the floor or lay your palm on the mat.
- If you aren’t able to reach your ankles, or shins you can use a yoga block.
- If you’re not able to lift your left foot to align with your hips, just make sure to have your left leg parallel to the floor. You can rest your left leg on the top back part of a chair to help you gain your balance.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More Jordan Rakei!