Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 27 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s Pose, Half Moon Pose, looked a lot easier than it really was. Yeah I’m sure you said “Hey, I do that all the time when I pick things up off the floor,” but, I know many of changed your minds once you started.
Today’s pose is relaxing and helps to build you up for harder poses.
- Increases energy
- Opens chest, heart, shoulders, spine, neck, thighs, and hip flexors
- Improves digestion and regulates your metabolism
- Relief from insomnia and headaches
- Relief from stress, fatigue, anxiety, and mild depression
- Strengthens core muscles
How to Adjusted Bridge Pose:
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Place your arms at your sides, with palms down.
- Press your feet and arms firmly into the floor and lift your hips toward the ceiling.
- Roll your shoulders back and underneath your body and place your hands flat on the floor underneath your shoulders (or clasp your hands). Extend your arms along the floor beneath your pelvis. Keep your thighs and feet parallel. [If you stop here that concludes Bridge Pose]
- Exhale and bring your hands to your hips and slightly push your hips up towards the ceiling.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.*
- You can place a yoga block under your hips if you are unable to hold them for an extended period of time.
- To deepen your stretch you can try the One Legged Bridge Pose.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More From Josue‘!