Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 28 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s pose was the Adjusted Bridge Pose and it gave us all the needed back and shoulder adjustments. Today’s pose is still easy going and restorative.
- Keeps your spine and back strong and flexible
- Strengthens your knees and hips
- Stretches your hips, hamstrings and calves
How To Standing Forward Bend Pose:
- Start in Mountain Pose, with your hands free by your sides.
- Inhale and slowly place your hands on your hips.
- Exhale, and slowly bend at your hips (NOT YOUR WAIST), lengthening your frontal torso. You want to keep your knees straight, so you can place your hands on the floor.
- To deepen your stretch, instead of placing your hands on the floor you can grab your ankles and pull your torso closer to you thighs.
- If its hard for you to pull yourself forward by your ankles, wrap a fitness band or towel around your thighs pulling yourself forward gradually leading to your torso laying flat on your thighs.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More Cool Company!