Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 29 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterdays Pose, Standing Forward Bend, was relaxing and a great transition pose. Today’s pose gets us back into deep stretching.
- Calms the brain
- Strengthens the spine, and legs, relieving back pain
- Tones core muscles
How To Wide Legged Standing Forward Bend Pose:
- Starting in Mountain Pose, place your hands on your hips. Step your feet wide apart (a little wider than your hips width). Keep your toes turned inward, parallel to your mat’s outer edges.
- Inhale, bring your hands up towards the ceiling making sure to lengthen your torso.
- Exhale and bend forward at your hips. Drop your head slowly and gaze between your legs to behind you.
- Place weight on the ball of your feet by slightly leaning forward. Make sure to keep your hips aligned with your ankles as you walk your hands towards your gaze.
- Inhale, lengthen your spine as you lengthen your spine and bring your head closer to the floor.
*Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can work your way up to 5 minutes*
- If it is hard for you to pull yourself into a deeper stretch you can instead, hold your ankles and pull yourself closer into a deeper stretch.
- If your hands don’t reach the floor you can use a yoga block.
- If you are already pretty flexible, narrow your stance
- To help loosen up your hamstrings, bend your knees.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More Syd!