Jah Guide. Welcome to Day 30 of the Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge. A challenge about your personal yoga growth. Personal yoga growth here is your mental, physical and spiritual journey to a better healthy and flexible you.
Yesterday’s pose, Wide Legged Standing Forward Bend, was just the rejuvenating stretch I needed to get myself recharged.
- Relief from stress, anxiety, back pain, poor digestion, and headaches
- Stretches your entire body
- Rejuvenates your nervous system and boosts energy
How To 3 Legged Dog Pose:
- Start on your hands and knees, you’ll want to align your wrists with your shoulders and your knees with your hips. Point your middle fingers towards the front of your mat to help straighten your alignment.
- Exhale and lift your knees pointing your pelvis up towards the ceiling. (Do not lock your knees out). This is Downward Facing Dog, your body should be in shape of an letter A.
- Step both of your feet together making sure to keep your arms and legs straight. Next, lift your right leg back and upwards and flex your right foot. Extend your leg all the way into your heel.
- Keep your planted foot straight and your shoulders squared. Your hands and heels should make an diagonal line (/).
- Exhale and lower your right foot to the floor, placing it next to your left foot.
* Hold for 7-20 breathes. Concentrate on consciously counting your breathes, inhale and exhale. Repeat for both legs*
- To open your hips even more, bend your left knee and lift your right foot high into the air, lifting your right hip up.
- If your left heel doesn’t touch the ground, don’t worry, it doesn’t have to.
- For a deeper stretch, try to touch your right foot to your left ear.
Vibe Of The Day (#VOTD):
Get More from Jessie Boykins III!