Hello My Beautiful People and welcome to Day 1 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. After wrapping up the 30 day Vibe & Flex Yoga Challenge, doing another seems like a piece of cake, at least a little slice right?
The #NAMASTESTRONG challenge is here to strengthen your entire body and push you past your limits. There are going to be days when you wont want to yoglax at all, do it anyways! The very moment that you tell yourself that you don’t want to, go harder. This challenge will make you question yourself and maybe even your yoga practice; Push through until the end and you will surely see results.
- Tones all of your core muscles
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and shoulders (It’s often used to prepare the body for more challenging arm balances).
- Strengthens the muscles around your spine increasing your posture
How To Plank Pose:
- Start in Table Top Pose, on your hands and knees with your fingers spread wide. You want your hands aligned with your shoulders and your knees sitting under your hips.
- Step each foot back towards the rear, one foot at a time making sure to keep your toes tucked under your ankles.
- Activate your core muscles by pushing your hands into the floor. Pull your core in and draw your tailbone down towards your heels (you want to make straight line from your head to your heels).
*Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds*
- Use an exercise ball to help stabilize your core
- Place the exercise ball under your shins
- Place your forearms on the exercise ball with your feet on the floor.
- Elbow To Knee Plank-Instead of lifting your knees and arms, keep your knees and forearms on the floor with your head directly aligned with your spine and hands clasped. Look at your clasped hands to help with alignment.
- Elbow To Toe Plank-Lift your knees but place your forearms on the mat with your hands clasped; Look at your clasped hands.
- Hand To Knee Plank– Lift your shoulders keeping your knees on the floor (This is also known as a modified push-up).
- Walking Planks- You will do plank pose adding the walking out of each hand about 2-4 inches one at a time and then back together. You’ll want to keep your feet close together. You can also keep your hands closer together as well.
If you have mastered this pose you can reverse the Plank Pose into Upward Plank Pose to get a deeper stretch.
You’re not in this challenge alone. We are all right here with you. Join the #NAMASTESTRONG IG Yoga Challenge today! Make sure you follow the rules so that you can qualify for a FREE PRIZE!!! I cant wait to see how you yoglax.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it effects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.