Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 3 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday was a great test of strength and the will not to fall flat on your face in Crow Pose. Today we are zoning back in and connecting our core and arms strength. It looks a lot easier then it feels for sure.
Chaturanga ( Chah-tuh-rahn-guh)
- Strengthens your arms, legs, and shoulders
- helps to develop your core muscles
- will get you ready to begin inversions
How To Chaturanga:
- Start in Plank Pose, keeping your core muscles activated along the midline.
- Keeping your toes tucked, roll all the WAY forward on your toes. (The more you lean forward the easier it will be to lower down with your arms at a 90 degree angle). Hold your elbows close to your body.
- Lower down with your arms at a 90 degree angle. Hold at the this point and hover there. Make sure you keep your stomach held in with your head aligned with your neck and spine.
- Roll your shoulders back away from your from your ears, pointing them straight forward.
- Lower your knees down to the floor, and follow by lowering yourself down to the floor slowly using just your arms and core muscles.
*Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds and work your way up to 1 minute. Be mindful of your breathing*
- For shoulder alignment help, place a yoga block under both shoulders.Here’s the great video from @happybettyann.
- Instead of keep your knees up, leave your knees on the floor and toes tucked. Focus on your shoulders and core. This will help you to work your way to keeping your knees up.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it effects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.