Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 4 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday was a core killer, and arms shredder, Chaturanga. It was tough, but I felt amazing afterwards. Today lets dive into our balance, core strength, and leg power.
- Lengthens your spine and stretches the chest
- Strengthens your knees, ankles, and waist
- Stretches and tones your legs
- Improves balance and concentration
- Increases your stamina
How To High Lunge:
- Start in downward facing dog. Step your right foot forward between your hands.
- Bend your front knee at a 90 degree angle aligning your knees directly over your front foots heel.Keep your feet hip width apart with both of your feet facing the front of your mat. Your body should face in the same direction and your front shin should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Tuck your back toes, coming onto the ball of your back foot. Lift your rear heel pulling it in forward so that it aligns directly over your back toes.
- Lift your back leg, pulling your knee up towards the ceiling. You want to keep your back leg completely straight and strong.
- Keep your front shit vertical (straight up and down).Dont let your knee come past your ankle. Tuck your tailbone under and engage your core muscles for stabilization.
- If leaving your back leg straight is a little rough, lay it on your mat resting on your knee. This will help to engage your hip flexors muscles without the pressure on your back leg.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.