Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 5 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday balanced us out with High Lunge. Today lets get back into some core kicker action. Don’t worry about how high you’re getting but rather if your engaging all of your muscles.
- Relieves stress
- Strengthens your abdominal muscles, hip flexors and spine
- Improves digestion
How To Boat Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you and your hands either by your sides with your fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Exhale, bending your knees and lifting your feet off of the floor. You want your legs to make a 45 degree angle, (relative to the floor). Lengthen your core.
- Stretch your arms up alongside your legs, parallel to the floor with your palms facing. Try and reach through your fingertips by spreading your shoulder blades across your back. Tip your chin forward toward your sternum to help balance and gain control of your core.
*Hold this pose for 10-30 seconds, working your way up to 1 minute*
- If putting your legs in the air towards the ceiling, try keeping your knees bent with your legs straight in front of you instead of up toward the ceiling.
- If you can’t really sit up, get close enough to a wall so that when you lift your legs upwards and go backwards your neck will land on the wall giving you the extra support.
- Add a yoga block under your lower back, giving you that extra support to help keep your lower spine straight and lengthened.
- Take a towel, fitness band or yoga strap and wrap it around your feet to help you keep your legs in the air.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.