Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 6 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday was another core killer that showed me that I know nothing. Today is the flip side of Boat Pose and a full body engagement.
- Stimulates, strengthens and tones your core muscles.
- Increases full body flexibility
- Opens the lungs, improving your breathing
How To Locust Pose:
- Lie on your mat or floor on your belly with your arms extended down by your thighs.
- Engage your abs as you Inhale and lift your arms, chest, head, legs, and feet off of the floor.
*Hold this pose for 3-5 seconds and build your way up to a longer period. Do this pose 5-7 times*
- If you find it hard to get your feet off of the ground at first, leave the tops of your feet on the mat/floor. It will also help you leave your forehead down as well.
- For a deeper stretch interlock your finger behind your back, reaching your knuckles towards your heels.
- For the more advanced deep stretch, leave your hands at your sides but slide them under you. Press into the mat/floor while you also lift and engage your body.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.