Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 7 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday was an amazing stretch with Locust pose. Today’s pose requires an extra push but don’t be afraid of what your body can do.
- Challenges balance
- Strengthens hands, arms, legs and buttocks
- Strengthens core muscles
How To Elephant Pose:
- Start by sitting with your legs out in front of your and your hands by your sides. Bend your right knee back and slide your right arm underneath the knee trying to get the knee as high as possible onto your arm pit.
- Press your right knee against the back of your arm.
- Pressing on your palms, push into the mat lifting your left leg off the ground. Keep your knee secured on your arm. You want your fingers facing forwards.
- Activate your core, squeeze your naval in towards your spine.
- Point your toes forward and lean forward to get the full activation of your core. Avoid wrists pressure by spreading your weight over every corner of your palms.
*Hold for 5-10 seconds on both sides.*
- To deepen the stretch, cross your ankles when you lift yourself up.
- Place yoga blocks under your hands for a higher elevation.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.