Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 8 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterdays Elephant Pose was a yoga liberation. I can do it, and so can you! Although I have my daily aches and pains nothing beats the feeling after a yoglax session.
- Stretches entire front of your body
- Improves spinal flexibility and posture
- Strengthens back muscles
How To :
- Start in the kneeling upright position with your knees hip width apart. Rotate your thigh inward, pressing your shins and the tops of your feet into the floor.
- Slightly lean back with your chin slight tucked towards your chest.
- Reach back and hold onto your ankles pulling yourself as close as you can get. Keep your head in a neutral position, or allow it to drop back without straining your neck.
- For a deeper stretch, grasp your heels and pull stretch backwards as far as you can.
- For beginners, grasp your heels and tuck your toes under your feet to elevate your heels
- For help getting a better spinal stretch, place exercise bands or a towel around your ankles to help you pull yourself backwards.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.