Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 9 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. I certainly enjoyed yesterday’s Camel pose, but Inversions are some of my favorite poses to do.
- Calms nerves
- Reduces anxiety, insomnia and irritability
- Helps with digestive disorders
How To :
- Start by laying flat on the floor on your back with your legs and arms extended by your sides. Bend your knees with the sole of your feet flat on the floor/mat.
- Using your core muscles, lift your legs and hips off the floor. Curl your torso slightly forward and bring your knees in towards your face.
- Lift your hips and bring your torso perpendicular to the floor. Bend your elbows up, placing your hands on your lower back. Keep your fingertips pointing up towards the ceiling. Don’t lift your elbows off of the ground and keep them shoulder width apart.
- Once your comfortable straighten your legs fully and reach your toes up towards the ceiling.
- Bring your shoulders, hips and feet into a straight line from your spine to your toes.Draw your shoulders blades firmly into your upper back. Keep a apace between your chin and chest softening your throat. Gaze towards your chest but do not turn your head in any other direction.
- Place a rolled towel under your shoulder to help elevate you higher and give you a better balance.
- To gain better balance, do this pose against the wall. Transition to toes only on the wall, making sure to lift your legs from the wall one at a time, until you are able to do the pose without any props.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.