Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 10 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. My shoulders are a little sore after a day of Shoulder Stands but I enjoy inversions so much that I couldn’t help but try again and again.
Today we are getting some practice with balance and after yesterday, we may need it more than we all think.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists and core muscles.
How To :
- Start by sitting on your mat with ankles crossed (Indian Style-If you stop here, this is Lotus Pose). You want each foot to rest on the opposite legs thigh.
- Place your hands down on the mat next to your hips.
- Exhale as you press your palms firmly into the floor. Draw your core muscles in and up as you lift your legs and buttock off of the floor.
*Hold this pose for 5-10 breathes*
- Place a flat yoga block under each palm to get assist better in lengthening your arms and lifting your legs off of the floor.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.