Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 12 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday was extreme with Eight Angle Pose but today is a familiar pose, hopefully.Even if you have never tried it, I’m sure you have seen Warrior III Pose more than once.
Warrior III Pose:
- Strengthens the entire back side of your body
- Improves balance, posture, and full body coordination
- Tones and strengthens your core
How To Warrior III Pose:
- Starting in Mountain Pose, with your hands by your sides and feet hip width apart, step your right foot forward about a foots width. Shift all of your weight onto your right foot.
- Inhale as you bring your arms straight above your head with your middle fingers pointing towards the ceiling.
- As you exhale, lift your left leg up and out; Hinging at hips to lower your arms and lower portion of your torso towards the floor.
- Look down at the floor or through your middle fingers and find your focal point. You want to make a straight line from your left toes through your spine and out to your finger tips. Make sure not to lower your head too much as this can cause strain on your neck.
- To release, inhale as you lift your arms up as you lower your left leg. Step your feet back together into Mountain Pose.
*Hold this pose for 10-30 seconds on both sides. You can work your way up to holding it longer*
- If it’s hard for you to reach down towards the floor, place one or two stacked yoga blocks (according to your height) on the floor so that when you lean over you can place your hands on the blocks.
- If you need help with balance the blocks aren’t helpful, place your hands on your waist as you bend forward.
- To deepen your stretch, Hold onto the opposite elbows with your arms over your head or bring both arms out by your sides as you lean forward.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.