Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 13 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterdays Warrior III Pose, was a great muscle memory and balance adjuster. Today’s pose is an extreme arm balance practice day, yay!
- Strengthens the wrists, hands and core
- Improves balance
- Deepens hamstring and hip flexibility
How To Firefly:
- Starting in Standing Forward Fold, take your hips a little wider than hip width. Slightly bend your knees and begin to work your shoulders behind your legs. You’ll want to tuck your torso between your inner thighs.
- Put your hands on the floor behind your heels with your fingers pointed forward towards your feet.
- Bend your knees deeply and drop your hips down toward the ground. Spread your fingers wide and do not cup your palms.
- Slowly, shift your weight back as if your sitting in a chair. Use your arms to support your body weight as you take your feet off of the ground. The backs of your thighs will rest on your upper arms.
- On an inhale, extend your legs, on at a time, outward as straight as you can. Keep your chest lifted and look forward. Spread your toes wide, and fly.
- Exhale as you slowly move your feet back to the floor
*Hold this pose for 10-20 seconds making your way up to holding longer.*
- If you can’t get your legs straight out, don’t worry, it takes practice and you’ll get better.
- You can place a yoga block under your buttocks to help elevate you higher
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.