Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 14 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. I enjoyed yesterdays arm balance pose, Firefly, it helped with today’s pose.
If you haven’t learned to fly, you will at least put on your wings today! Im not even going to pkay around with you, this pose was so hard for me and I was under the impression that I had more arm strength.
Flying Lizard Pose:
- Opens chest, shoulders and neck
- Strengthens your inner thigh muscles
- Opens your hips, hamstrings, hip flexors, and groins
How To Flying Lizard:
- Start on your hands and knees in Tabletop pose. Keep your shoulders stacked directly above your wrists and your hips above your knees.
- Step your right foot out to the outside of your right hand. Lift onto the ball of your right foot, making an effort to get your right shoulder underneath your right knee.
- Lift your back leg off of the ground using your knee for balance on the way up. Engage your core and shift your weight onto your hands.
- Lift your right foot from the floor drawing it close to your body.
- Look forward and not straight down at the floor. Slowly continue to shift your weight into your hands as you lift your left foot from the ground.
*Hold this pose for 10-30 seconds on both sides, working your way up to a longer period of time*
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.