Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 15 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Flying Lizard pose was a kick in my butt yesterday but that’s okay, I would rather yoglax any day over any other ‘super hard’ workout. Today’s pose is a great full body stretch and much needed.
Upward(Reverse) Plank Pose:
- Strengthens and stretches your shoulders at the same time.
- Builds core strength and improves balance
- Strengthens your arms, upper back, legs, glutes, wrists and stretches your chest abdomen, ankles and tops of your feet.
How To Upward (Reverse) Plank Pose:
- Start in Seated Staff Pose, with your legs extended in front of you and your hands relaxed by your sides
- Place your hands behind your hips, rotating your palms so that your fingertips are facing in the same direction as your toes. You’ll want to keep your hands shoulder width apart with your hands pressed firmly into the floor/mat. Allow your chest to rise naturally as press your shoulder blades firmly back.
- Inhale, press your feet and hands into the floor/mat as you slowly lift your hips towards the ceiling. You want to make a straight line from your head, through your spine and down through your toes. You can work on pressing the soles of your feet into the floor/mat with your legs firm. DO NOT SQUEEZE YOUR BUTTOCKS.
- Slowly drop your head back, opening your throat and gaze towards your cheeks
*Hold for up to 30 seconds, then release slowly back to the floor/mat*
- For a deeper internal stretch and spiritual opening, gaze into your third eye (the back between your eyebrows) while only concentrating on your breathes.
- If its hard for you to hold up your body weight with your legs out that far, place your knees directly under your hips and your feet directly under your knees. (This is reversed Table Top Pose) and then work your way up.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.