Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 16 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Yesterday’s Upward Plank gave me just the stretch I needed. Today’s pose is one that I have been working on for a little while and although its better, it still needs some work.
One Legged Bridge Pose
- Opens lungs
- Increase Energy
- Strengthens arms, legs, wrists, spine, and core
- Stretches your full body
- Relief of asthma and mild depression
How To One Legged Bridge Pose:
- Start off laying flat on your back with your arms at your sides. Bend your knees while keeping your feet parallel and aligned with your hips. Draw your heels close to the edges of your buttocks.
- Reach your arms up overhead, then bend your elbows to place your palms on the floor at either side of your head.
- Inhale as you lift your hips upward towards the ceiling. Bring the crown of your head to the mat. On an exhalation, straighten your arms and lift your head completely off the floor. Press the weight of your hands equally through your index fingers. Straighten your arms and lift your chest into Wheel pose.
- Shift your weight onto your left foot. On an exhalation, bend your right knee and draw it toward the center of your torso. On an inhalation, reach through the ball of your right foot and extend your leg up toward the ceiling as though you were trying to touch it, or as vertical as possible.
- Continue to lift your hips and chest as high as you can.
*Hold this pose for 10-30 seconds per side*
- If it is harder for you to keep your leg straight in the air, bend at the knee and hold it up towards the ceiling
- For a deeper stretch, lower your hands down to the ground getting onto your forearms
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.