Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 17 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. I really enjoyed yesterdays One Legged Bridge Pose. It brings back some amazing childhood feelings. Today’s pose on the other hand, reminded some of my muscles that hard work pays off although it was playful.
Baby Crow Pose:
- Strengthens arms, shoulders, and core
- Stretches your upper back
- Improves your balance and posture
How To Baby Crow Pose:
- HOLD UP.Before you start doing a pose like this, you need to stretch your body and loosen up your muscles. Start standing with your feet hip width apart with your hands by your sides. Squat down, opening your knees wide allowing for your core to flow straight forward without interruption and hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Come up onto the balls of your feet, bringing your toes together and your knees wide apart.
- Place your hands on the mat in front of you; a little larger than shoulder width apart. Bend your elbows, placing your forearms on the mat. Make sure your forearms are parallel to each other and that your elbows aren’t sticking out on the sides.
- Slightly lift your hips, hugging your knees around your outer arms. Squeeze your legs in towards the mid-line of your body or place your knees on your triceps.
- Shift your weight forward as you gaze forward past your fingertips. Leading with your heart, begin to round your upper back and spine coming up onto the tips of your toes. Pick up your feet off of the ground one at a time to help get your balance together.
- If you are having trouble getting your knees to stay on your triceps, try to get your knees a deep as you can into your arm pit.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.