Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 19 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. After Flying Crow pose, I wanted to cry but, I looked at today’s pose and just laughed it off.
Baby FireFly Pose:
- Increases your hip flexibility
- Opens and strengthens the chest, and forearms
- Strengthens your core muscles.
How To Baby Firefly Pose:
- Start in the seated position with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Separate your legs wide as if your were going to do a split.
- Slide each arm under each leg. Work and wriggle you legs as high up your thighs as possible towards your shoulders.
- Lean forward onto your forearms and engage your core muscles. Keep your arms shoulder width apart to help prop your thighs.
- Push your forearms into the floor as you stretch your legs out.
- Flex your thighs and point your toes to engage your legs while you lift your feet off of the floor.
- If you are having trouble getting off of the floor, you can place an yoga block under buttocks to help you lean forward with a little support.
- You can stay seated on the floor and practice leaning forward without lifting your legs off of the ground to get your core and arm muscles working.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.