Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 21 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Now that our heads are in the game after Tripod Headstand Pose, lets balance into core strength.
EPK 1 (Eka Pada Koundinyasana 1):
- Strengthens your shoulders, core muscles, and legs
- Improves your balance
- Improves your concentration
How to EPK 1 Pose:
- Starting Mountain pose, standing on your mat with your feet hip width apart and your hands hanging by your sides, facing the right side of your mat. Keep your knees together as you squat, lifting your knees from the mat.
- As you are in a squat, let both arms flow to your right side. Slightly lean forward, bending at your elbows as your place your left knee on your right elbow.
- Lift your right leg slowly as high as you can. If your legs aren’t straight, don’t worry about that.
*Hold this pose for 10-20 seconds on each side, working your way up to holding it longer*
- If you are having trouble staying up, place a yoga block in the spot under your head. When you lean forward you wont hold all of the weight, helping you to work your way up to using no block.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” Stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.