Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 22 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. My arms look amazing, and after practicing a pose like EPK 1, I know I have to yoglax daily to keep them strong. Here’s another arm strengthener that is sure to make you put your chin into it.
Chin Stand Pose:
- Strengthens your arms, legs and core
How To Chin Pose:
- First, place two yoga blocks on your mat shoulder width apart. Lower into downward facing dog with your finger tips directly behind your yoga blocks.
- Walk your feet inwards making a shorter downward facing dog. Bend your elbows, placing the head of your shoulders on the middle flat part of the yoga block. Your chin will come forward and you can rest it on the ground. Keep your palms flat on your mat and your finger tips directly behind the yoga blocks.
- Walk your feet in like Dolphin pose, ensuring the lift of your hips. *This is critical to achieve this pose. You want your hips high in order to be able to lift your feet higher*
*Hold this pose for as long as you can building your way up to longer times*
- If using the yoga blocks is still a little tough, instead, use one of your legs as a kick stand as I did in the photo. This allows you to gain the muscle memory strength in your arms and for you to take baby steps into getting both legs to go backwards at the same time.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.