Hello My Beautiful People, and welcome to Day 24 of the #NAMASTESTRONG Yoga Challenge. Today’s pose allows you to add a little variation into your yoglax practice pallet.
Modified Pyramid Pose:
- Stretches your hamstring and shoulders
- Improves Balance
- Tones legs
How To Modified Pyramid Pose:
- Start in forward fold at the top of the mat and bend the knees so the hands touch the floor for support. Step your right foot back 3-4 feet (depending on flexibility and length of legs).
- Square your hips to the top of the mat and on an exhale slowly straighten your legs, leaning forward still with hands on the floor or on blocks.
- Lengthen your spine as you inhale and exhale extending the upper body over the left front leg.
- Now reach your hands back toward your right foot, placing them on the mat with fingers pointing to the back of the mat. If you need a little extra length, like me, come to the tips of your fingers.
- Think of your arms as a “kick stand” as you are going to put you weight onto your arms as you pull the belly in and lift the back, right foot up toward your glutes.
- Yes, your upper body is leaning forward and tipping backwards at the same time!! Keep the hips back, DON’T bring them forward over your front foot
*Hold for 20-30 seconds building your way up to 1 minute*
- For a deeper stretch, try the full version of this pose with your hands behind your back with your palms pressed together in prayer position (Anjali Mudra). Or cross your arms behind your waist and clasp each elbow with the opposite hand. Fold the opposite arm on top when you change leg position.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness.
Like they say “If you don’t use it, you will lose it.” So stay hydrated, yoglax daily, and exert positive spiritual awareness. I know you can transform into that person on the other side of today. Let’s take it day by day together. Jah Guide.