Hello My Beautiful People! Today’s pose, Knee To Nose, prepares us to take control of our core and slow down to enjoy the burn. I love starting with this pose because it gives a sense of control.
There are many different ways to incorporate ‘Knee To Nose’ into your practice. Here are a few of my favorite ways:
Step by Step from downward facing dog:
- Start in Downward facing Dog position
- On the inhale, lift your right leg to the sky into 3-Legged Down Dog. Keep your hips and shoulders square to the mat!
- On the exhale, shift forward into Plank Pose or chaturanga, stack your shoulders over your wrists. Simultaneously bend the right knee, bringing it as close as possible to your nose or forehead. You want to thoroughly round through your upper back, and tuck your chin to your chest. Eventually your knee will touch your face. Your hips should be lifted and pull your naval in towards your spine. Hold for several breathes.
- On the inhale, bring your right leg back to the sky for 3-Legged Down Dog (shoulders and hips square to the ground).
- Lower the right leg back to Downward facing dog.
Step By Step from plank pose:
- Start in Plank Position, stacking your shoulders over your wrists.
- On the inhale, pick up your right foot off of the mat,
- On the exhale, round your spine and bring your knee inward towards your chest.You want to thoroughly round through your upper back, towards the ceiling, and tuck your chin to your chest. Eventually your knee will touch your face. Your hips should be lifted with your naval pulled in towards your spine.
- On the inhale, bring your right thigh closer yo your chest as you bring your right heel close to your tail bone. Hold for several breathes.
- Lower your right leg back into plank pose on the exhale. Repeat on the other side.
Knee to Nose Push Ups (54321 Cardio):
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness. Do not fight against yourself, find ways to incorporate wellness habits into your daily activities. Jah guide.