Hello My Beautiful People! After gaining control of our cores with a little Knee To Nose, now let’s arch those spines and open up to the universe.
Arching Pigeon makes my body say “aaaahhhh” every time. If you’re just beginning your yoglax practice, know and understand, it gets better the more you trust yourself in your practice. Arching Pigeon is only one of the many variations of Pigeon pose so don’t get stuck in any one in particular, they are all great for you.
How To Arching Pigeon:
- Start in transition from downward facing dog, or in table top pose on your hand and knees.
- Bring your right knee between your hands and place your right ankle near your left wrist.
- Extend your left leg straight back with your knee cap resting on the floor with the top of your foot.
- Lift your upper body upward pushing your finger tips into the floor. (You want to make sure to pull your tailbone back and down towards your ankles for the full stretch, if you can).
- Balancing your weight evenly between your hips, flex your right foot while also pressing down on all of your back toes into the floor.
- Lift your torso away from your thighs. (you want your sternum to lift towards the ceiling as much as you can. this will make it easier to try to grab your foot). Lengthen your lower back and press your tailbone downward.
- Bring your hands up and over your head pointing your fingertips to the ceiling arching back as far as you can go.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness. Do not fight against yourself, find ways to incorporate wellness habits into your daily activities.