Hello My Beautiful People! Okay, so let me be the realest of real about today’s pose, its an true reminder of mindful moving. By mindful moving, I mean, simply easing into the pose, sticking with it, and being mindful in each moment of moving. You want to get more flexible not hurt yourself. This is a more difficult beginners pose, especially when it’s your first time.
No matter what you do, Don’t punk out! It can be intimidating you think that your body can actually roll up like this; it is even more gratifying to know that you tried and conquered even if it is not as perfect as you think it should be. Ear Pressure pose is an test of your physical and mental toughness and today is the day to ace it- even if only in trying, or going further than you did the last time.
Step By Step Ear Pressure Pose:
- Start by layng on your back with your knees bent, feet on the floor, with your arms on either side of you. Take a few deep breaths here to relax and tune into your mindful movements.
- Inhale, Soften your knees and press your arms into the ground; bring your feet up toward the ceiling.
- Exhale, let your feet to fall back behind you any amount that feels good on your neck and spine.
- Inhale, clasp your hands together on the ground and wiggle your shoulders underneath you one at a time.
- Exhale, then soften your knees and allow them to come to the ground on either side of your head. Breathe here for at least three deep breaths.
- Lastly, unclasp your hands and use your arms as breaks to slowly unroll out of the pose.
A Matr3Moni Reminder:
“NO MATTER WHAT, it’s your body and your choice.”
Please be careful while practicing; If you have prior injuries be extremely mindful of every movement and how it affects your body. By now you know your body and the difference between your pain and your stretch, so again, be careful.
Along with being mindful while practicing, you also have to be mindful of what is going on in the inside of your body and mental/spiritual realms. You can work your body in such a positive way and still counter the positive vibes by not having healthy habits and/or awareness. Do not fight against yourself, find ways to incorporate wellness habits into your daily activities.