Hello My Beautiful People! Yesterday’s Mermaid Pose, gave me so much energy. Today’s pose, Plow, reminds us that every practice matters and all growth should be celebrated.
Plow pose was a little scary at first, but practice makes it all better. If you have back, or neck issues, please listen to your body and go slowly. There is no time limit on your practice, it can be as long or short as you need. Plow pose can also help open your shoulders and hips.
Step By Step Plow Pose:
- Start by laying on your back, in corpse pose, palms resting at your sides on the mat.
- Inhale, then engage your core as you lift you feet off of the mat at a 90 degree angle, hinging at your hips. Support your lower back and hips by holding them with your hands, leaving your elbows on the mat.
- Continue to lift through your hips as you bring your feet towards your head. Let your toes fall slowly past your head as you edge them backwards slowly with your toes like mini anchors.
- Lift your thighs and tailbone towards the ceiling, pulling your inner thighs into your pelvis.
- For additional shoulder opening, swing your arms in their opposite direction, clasping your fingers, and/or palms together.