Hello My Beautiful People! Today’s pose, turtle pose, is another one of my favorites. Turtle pose teaches us that nothing is impossible. Seeing isn’t believing, doing it is. Turtle pose can be intimidating at the first glance, but don’t let that stop you. Don’t run from the tough times, push through and smile at how far you’ve come.
Step By Step Turtle Pose:
- Start by sitting on your mat feet out forward with your hands by your hips by your sides. Pressing your thighs into the mat, lift your chest and flex your feet. place your legs on the edges on your mat, with your knees as wide as your shoulders. Breathe here for 3 deep breathes while you set your practice intentions.
- Bend your knees and bring them closer to your hips, as you extend your chest and arms forward and down between your legs.
- Bend your knees higher, as you place your shoulders under your knees (Try this one at a time to reduce the risk of injury). Stretch your arms out farther on both sides. Roll your thigh in as you extend your heels.
- Spread the front of your chest open as you point your collarbones forward and down to help relieve the pressures in your thighs.
- Push your inner heels down as and forward to stretch and/or straighten your legs. (Keep your inner thighs in contact with your both sides of your ribs).
- Inhale, stretch your arms and chest out to your sides. Exhale and spread your spine forward. (The exhale will allow you to go farther that you did originally, opening your shoulders. If your feel pressure or pain under your knees, bring your arms forward slightly until you release the tensions. Breathe here for 4-8 breathes and then release.