Hello My Beautiful People.
As we get closer to the new year, I want to remind you not to get caught in the hype, aka the “Fixin’ to get ready” grey area. Sometimes it’s much easier said than done, but enough is enough. It’s time for you to shed your “Fixin’ to get ready” attitude and run into your uncomfortable authentic life.
Letting go of that comfortable “fixin’ to” is hard, and takes time. Getting rid of a bad habit, it’s priceless and this is a big one. The first step towards the uncomfortable but needed change, is reflection.
The beginning of the year is one of the most popular times of year for people making major life changes. In actuality, most people quit before the end of January or shortly after. It’s hard to go cold turkey on anything, but here are a few tips:
- Start with a self-reflection challenge. I encourage Monthly challenges to help guide your daily thoughts and activities. They also keep you accountable, especially if you let other know what you’re doing and/or have them join in.
- Join a Facebook group with others like you. You can gain insight, inspiration and even new friendships along the way. There are so many different groups that I have a hard time believing that there isn’t one for everyone.
- Make yourself accountable by getting a wellness coach, friend or relative that will help to keep you on track within your new uncomfortable zone .
Try something new this year, get soo uncomfortable that you have to grow.
“Growth does not happen much in places of comfort, but rather in places of uncertainty.”
Uncomfortable space allows you to step outside of your normal “Fixin’ to get ready” thoughts, patterns and/or behaviors. Awareness, self-confidence, and the ability to make sound decisions without feeling stuck begins to happen.
There is no need to dish out hundreds of dollars to help you get a fresh start this year. Make up your mind today to simply stop those pesky “Fixin’ to get ready” habits and stick to it.
Are you ready to start growing uncomfortably and blossom into your authentic self? Here are a few Challenges to help you get started:
- Yoglax JumpStart Wellness Challenges– If your looking for an overall wellness jumpstart, here’s a 31 Day Beginners Totality Wellness (Mind, Body & Soul) Challenge. This challenge includes yoga, cardio, and mindfulness techniques such as meditation and the 3 Seconds Rule. #GROWFORIT
- 12 months To A Happier You-This perfect 12 month guide that breaks it down for you step by step each month. It takes the overwhelming feeling out of the process for you, plus doing things a little at a time allows you to get the most out of it.
- The 30 Day Happiness Challenge – A 30 day happiness challenge can always help get you centered on the more important things.
Don’t let the first of the year try to punk you out of your growth. Get okay with being uncomfortable.
“Uncomfortable does not equate to a length of time, but disagreeable conditions that allow you to find alternative sources of happiness.”
Getting overwhelmed and feeling stuck can cloud your judgments about even the most simple things. Let go of that “fixin’ to” attitude and open your mind to doing what you have never done. Choose authentic you, not the ‘fixin’ to get ready” you. Learn, Grow, Live, and Jah Guide.