Staff posture is another one of those active resting yoga postures. It’s easy to think “oh, you’re just sitting there,” but it’s more than that.
Here are some benefits of Staff Posture
- Helps improve natural posture
- Strengthens back muscles
- Lengthens and stretches the spine
- May help to relieve complications related to the reproductive organs
- Stretches shoulders and chest
- Helps create and maintain your body’s resistance to back and hip injuries
- Helps to calm brain cells and relieve anxiety
- Great mediation posture, especially for those with knee and hip injuries
Steps to achieve Staff Posture:
- Sit with your legs together and stretched out in front of you.
- Flex your feet with toes up
- With arms straight, place your palms flat at the sides of your hips
- Slide your shoulder blades back and down along your spine away from your ears
- Bring your chin slightly back and down and keep the base of your neck soft.
- Practice against a wall to help ensure you have a flat back
- If your palms don’t touch the ground, place blocks under your palms
If you’re looking to practice Easy Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.