Five Point Star posture is a base posture that is built on for other postures such as triangle, and wide forward fold. This posture allows you to see exactly where your endurance is when it comes to your arms especially.
- Strengthens the heels and the balls of the feet.
- Strengthens the shoulders and arms.
- Improves the alignment and balance of the body.
- Energizes the entire body
- Opens the chest
- improves circulation and respiration
How to achieve the Five Point Star Posture:
- Coming from mountain posture, step the feet wider than your hips if you can.
- Bring arms out level with shoulder.
- Press your weight into the feet, and tuck the tailbone.
- Reach out through the fingertips, trying to touch the side walls.
- You want your feet wider than your hips unless you have hip pain.
- You can also place your hands on your hips or straight out in front of you palms facing each other.
- Push into the heels and balls of your feet to help ground yourself deeper
If you’re looking to practice Child’s Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.