We all want to be a hero and with this posture, we are a little closer. This posture makes you learn to dig deep within and become a hero you didn’t know you needed. There is something about sitting in Hero posture that seems easy but takes you to another level mentally, and physically. Bb
- Stretches and increases flexibility in the knees, ankles, and thighs
- Helps to reduce tightness in the legs
- Strengthens the arches of the feet
- Improves posture
- Helps to relieves asthma
How to achieve Hero Posture:
- Start by kneeling on the floor with your inner knees together and your thighs perpendicular to the floor.
- Open your feet slightly wider than your hips, keeping the tops of your feet flat on the floor evenly with your big toes angled in toward each other.
- Sit down between your feet, resting weight equally across both with your heels and shins alongside your hips and upper thighs,
- Allow your thighs to turn inward slightly. Press down on the tops of your thighs with your hands or bring your hand into prayer posture palms together.
- Do not let your feet either splay wide open or turn inward, this can cause injury to your knees and groins.
- If you cannot easily sit on the floor, sit instead on a yoga block placed on the floor between your shins.
- Never be aggressive or force the pose! Pain isn’t weakness, it pain so listen to your body!
If you’re looking to practice Hero Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.