Have you ever wanted to feel like you’re flying without having to face those fears of heights??? Well this is for you, and those who want the feeling with the fears, Locust posture. This posture is simple and sweet and puts in all of the work you need for a flat tummy and toned glutes.
- Strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks.
- Tones arms & legs
- Stretches the shoulders, chest, belly, and thighs.
- Improves posture
How achieve Locust Posture:
- Start by lying on your stomach with your arms at your sides, palms down on mat. Rest your forehead or chin on the mat.
- Inhale and raise your head to look forward.
- On your exhale, lift your chest and arms towards the ceiling. Keep your arms beside your body with palms facing down. Lift your upper spine and reach your arms back toward your feet.
- Keep your chest lifted as you widen across your collarbones.
- Reach straight back with your weight resting on your lower ribs, belly, and front pelvis.
- Draw your shoulder blades into your back ribs and away from each other.
- Keep your breathing even and find a drishti point (focal point) to help you stay up.
If you’re looking to practice Locust Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.