Reclined anything adds a little pressure to a beginner and even your advanced practitioners. The great thing about this reclined posture is that you’re already on the floor so you don’t have far to go.
- Stretches the abdomen, thighs and deep hip flexors (psoas), knees, and ankles.
- Strengthens the arches of your feet
- Helps relieves menstrual pain.
How to achieve Reclined Hero:
- Begin kneeling on the floor with your feet slightly wider than your hips. Keep the tops of your feet flat on the floor and your big toes angled in toward each other.
- Exhaling, sit down between your feet. Rest your weight equally across both sit bones. Keep your feet directly in line with your shins.
- If you are confident and comfortable with no pain, continue to lower yourself all the way to the floor.
- Rest your arms at your sides.
- Try to keep your knees as close together as you can
- Don’t let your knees sway out widely, keep them close to your hips
- Once your comfortable laying back in this pose, you can begin to put your hands up above your head.
- Tuck your chin slightly toward your chest,
If you’re looking to practice Reclined Hero Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.